Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vicki Watson

What is your typical work day like?

My day varies depending on what season it is and what the weather is like. 
In the Spring I clean out any leaves or debris left in the flower beds, plant flowers and/or shrubs, trim shrubs, and do some edging and mulching. 
Summer time brings the heat and the weeds. I usually spend a few hours watering every day unless we get rain. I pull weeds and spray weeds. I despise weeds.
Then the leaves start to fall and the flowers start to die, so I begin fall clean up. I also backpack blow the walkways, entrance, and patios.  I pick up any trash left in the parking lots, flower beds and entrance.

How long have you worked here?

I started in July of 2007.

What were your previous jobs?

I tended bar in college. I had a small lawn care business, which my husband took over and I worked in a real estate office.

What did you want to be when you were growing up?

I love animals and I wanted to be a veterinarian.


What are your interests and hobbies?

I like going camping and hiking.  I have hiked the 3 highest mountains in Vermont (Stowe, Camels Hump and Killington), some parts of the Appalachian Trail, Long Trail and several other trails. 



Closer to home I enjoy hiking at Pinnacle Point, Tucquan Glen, Trout Run, Lancaster County Park and several other trails. I usually go camping at least once a year. Some places that I have been camping include Ricketts Glen,
Raystown Lake, Pine Creek, Ohiopyle, Vermont and many other places. I always take my dogs with me when I can. I also started competing in disc dog
competitions with my dog Diesel and he has won four ribbons so far.  I recently joined the Parks and
Recreation Committee for Providence Township and we are working on promoting the Enola Low Grade Trail which was a railroad at one time.  I also enjoy making floral arrangements when I have the time.

What are some of your favorite bands?

I like a variety of music, mostly classic rock, rock and some hip-hop.  Some of my favorite bands are
The Beatles, Tom Petty, CCR, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Blink 182, Chevelle, Snoop Dogg, Incubus.
I could go on and on.



What TV shows do you like to watch?

I don't watch a lot of TV but when I have the time I like to watch Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, The Dog
Whisperer and I just started watching season 1 of
Desperate Housewives on Hulu.

Name something you would love to do one day.

I have never been to the west coast so I would love to go to the west coast for several months to do some hiking.

If you could go back and give the teen age version of yourself advice, what would you tell her?

Take every opportunity given to you.

I'll be doing the Tailwaggers Trot again October 9.
If anyone would like to make a donation, please see me or talk to Shawn at the front desk.




No comments:

Post a Comment