Friday, October 14, 2011

Elliot Sinkosky



Describe your typical work day.

In the morning I work with Phil or Terry. With Phil I'll get ready for any breakfast events and then prep for lunch. With Terry I will prep for parties that are in the evening, and then a la carte lunch.
If I work in the afternoon that would be either working banquets with Brandon and Charlie, prepping and then putting the food out. Or it would be working a la carte, which then I'm usually at the veg station. Sundays I work the veg station, every dish that we prepare starts at the veg station.

How long have you worked here?

Part time for two years, and now full time, for about a year.

What were some of your previous jobs?

I worked at Hersheypark. I used to work at the photo booths that they have for the rides. The worst ride (which isn't there anymore) was the Canyon River Rapids. It smelled so bad because of the water and peoples body odor. They'd hand you wet money, it was gross. I worked at Dutch Wonderland, and for Max Films - doing commercial shoots, road
Construction and I worked for Carrabbas.



What did you want to be when you when you were growing up?

(Laughs) A Ninja Turtle! But then I realized that I wasn't coordinated enough.

What is your favorite place and where would you like to visit someday?

Lititz, but not just because Brandon lives there. It’s a nice town. I'd like to visit Canada, not that it's an exotic destination or anything. I've never been there yet but I'd like to go one day.

What are your interests or hobbies?

I like collecting and cleaning old video games, mostly for the Super NES! liked all of the Ninja Turtle games especially ‘Turtles In Time’, ‘Mickey Mania’, ‘Castle Of Illusion’ and ‘Castlevania 4’. I have a pretty wide collection of systems. I'm building it up slowly but surely. I like to find games that are still sealed in their package from that time. That's getting kind of expensive though.


   
Do you follow any sports?

Hockey! 100% The Flyers! By far they are my favorite team in my whole entire life. My dad has season tickets so we go very frequently, and this year is the year! I played hockey when I was young - really young like 8 years old, and then after that I became really out of shape, and that just kind of died.

What are your favorite TV shows?

I watch TV all of the time, most of my life. I like ‘Man Vs. Food’, ‘Man Vs. Wild’, (laughs) there's a theme there isn't there? Bear Grylls is like my hero. I watch weird stuff, I'll even watch ‘Toddlers And Tiaras’, because I'm so fascinated by how crazy those people are. I watch all kinds of shows.


  
What music do you listen to?

Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite band but I'll listen to anything that I like. If I hear a song I like it doesn't matter what genre it is – I’ll listen to it.

What is the best compliment someone could give to you?

"That tastes good"

If you could go back in time and give the teenage
version of yourself advice, what would you say to him?
Pay more attention in high school - take it seriously. And buy two copies of every video game that you like - one to play and one to save!

No comments:

Post a Comment